CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- Course Name – CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- Course Provider – Key 2 Learning College (RTO 88191, CRICOS 03644F)
- Course Delivery – Face-to-face/Blended
- Classroom Face-to-Face – 7 hours per week
- Online Study – 13 hours per week
- Course Units – 18
- Course Duration – 39 weeks
Canberra Campus (49 Phillip Avenue, Watson ACT )
- Course Start Date – Friday 22nd of January 2021
- Course End Date – Friday 22nd of October 2021
- Course Start Date – to be determined
Fee For Service Price (without funding or subsidies) = $8380.00
There are many funding options and payment plans available depending on your situation.
Funding requires that you are:
- Living or working in the ACT.
- Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or other eligible Visa holder.
- For information on eligible Visas: https://www.skills.act.gov.au/eligible_visa_holders
Funding Option 1:
— JobTrainer — Fee Free Training — No Cost — No HEX —
*Eligible Students MUST be:
- a person aged 17-24 years of age, regardless of employment status, who is not enrolled in or attending a school or college, or another program leading to completion of year 12.
- a job seeker who is out of work and/or in receipt of income support payments (regardless of age).
- University Students who are 17-24 years of age.
— ACT Skilled Capital Funding — Subsidized Training Costs — No HEX
- For eligibility requirements please check the ‘Entry Requirements’ tab or contact Key 2 Learning College.
Student Tuition Fees for Skilled Capital Funding are as follows:
Cert II – $300.00
Cert III – $400.00
Cert IV – $500.00
Dip – $600.00
Skill sets – $200.00
On successful completion of your qualification Skills Canberra will pay you a completion bonus of $300.00.
If you have an eligible and valid concession card, you will be required to only pay half of the relevant fee.
Skilled Capital is an ACT Government training initiative, funded by the ACT and Australian Government.
The CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support duration varies greatly depending on the amount of credit transfers you receive from previous qualifications.
The units included in this are:
Unit type Core (C) or Elective (E)
Facilitate the Empowerment of Older People
Support Independence and Wellbeing
Work with Diverse People
Manage Legal and Ethical Compliance
Follow Safe Work Practices for Direct Care
Meet Personal Support Needs
Facilitate the Interests and Rights of Clients
Support Relationships with Carers and Families
Provide Support to People Living with Dementia
Facilitate Individual Service Planning and Delivery
Deliver Care Services Using a Palliative Approach
Comply with Infection Prevention and Control Policies and Procedures
Recognise Healthy Body Systems
Confirm Physical Health Status
Communicate Effectively as a Workplace Leader
Coordinate Services for Older People
Develop and Maintain Networks and Collaborative Partnerships
Implement Interventions with Older People at Risk
There are no entry requirements to study this course.
Skilled Capital Funding Eligibility
To be eligible for Skilled Capital, you must, at the time of enrolment, be:
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand passport holder resident for more than 6 months, or
- an eligible visa holder, and
- living or working in the ACT, and
- at least 15 years of age, and
- not enrolled in or attending secondary school or college except where the student:
- is undertaking a course of study leading to completion of year 12 in an alternative program, or
- has an Exemption Certificate and the selected Skilled Capital qualification is an approved Australian School-based Apprenticeship pathway.
In addition to the above, to be eligible for a certificate II level Skilled Capital qualification, your training provider must have evidence to demonstrate that a certificate II qualification is a justifiable learning pathway for you.
Previous education and training will not impact your eligibility for Certificate III qualifications and above. However, you cannot be funded for a qualification you have completed within the last 7 years. Also, you can only be subsidised for 1 Skilled Capital qualification at a time.
Love helping people? Make a rewarding career out of it! Embrace one of Australia’s fastest growing sectors, and help yourself to help others, with a nationally recognised CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support.
This course covers a range of core unit competencies including facilitating the interests and rights of clients, facilitating the empowerment of older people, implementing falls prevention strategies, coordinating services for older people, providing loss and grief support, supporting relationships with carers and families and delivering care services using a palliative approach.
Successful completion of the CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support can lead to a huge range of career opportunities including:
- Care Team Leader
- High Performing Personal Care Assistant
- Program Coordinator
- Care Supervisor
These are just some of the endless career opportunities presented by this course!
Key 2 Learning College (RTO 88191, CRICOS 03644F) has strong connections to hospitals, aged care providers and the community sector.
Key 2 Learning College’s staff are mainly registered nurses with significant industry experience.
Key 2 Learning College’s graduate employment rates are over 90% (and completion rates are also in the high 90s).
This makes Key 2 Learning College the provider of choice for health and community services courses
For more information on this course or any other queries, please contact:
Office Number: 02 6130 0100
Click the Enrol Now button below then download and complete the PDF Enrolment Form.
Please ensure you include your Unique Student Identifier (USI) on your Enrolment Form. If you do not have a USI, you can create one here:
You can return your completed enrolment form via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or you can post the form, or drop it off at our office.
If you would like more information on enrolling at Key 2 Learning College, complete the form below and a representative will contact you shortly.